Wednesday, July 2, 2014

The Gratitude Diaries




Taking Time to Truly Unwind


Last night, I was talking to my mom about how tensed and stressed I felt. I had taken a nap after work, but I wasn’t quite relaxed. She gave me a suggestion. She told me to listen to some really good music. It doesn’t have to be any certain type or genre, but a song that has a positive message, and a good rhythm, she said. I thought about how I love artists who sing soulful, jazzy songs with profound messages. Artists such as Sade and Indie Arie are known for their thought-provoking, poetic lyrics. My mom actually introduced me to the sultry sounds of Sade when I was a little girl. I still love her music today. I found some of my favorites by her and Indie Arie online. Actually, I found a song on YouTube both artists sang so beautifully. It’s called "Pearls" by Sade. The song depicts the plight of a single mother in Africa. I was grateful to have someone to remind of my favorite artists, and dare me to actually sit and enjoy the music!



 Day 7

“Today, I’m grateful for truly good music from gifted, abstract artists!”

No comments: