Wednesday, August 1, 2012

I Wash My Hair with Clay





Hi guys!

I recently washed my coils with bentonite clay! Why hasn't anyone told me about this stuff! It works. As you can see from the photos, it elongated my curls and left them soft and fluffy. Regular shampoos usually leave my hair dry, tangled, and tightly coiled. I'm never going back to regular shampoos again! This year, one of my goals is to transition from store-brought products to more organic products.

For my bentonite clay mixture, I mixed Bragg's Organic Apple Cider Vinegar, aloe vera juice, Organics Carrot Tea-Tree Oil Therapy, and coconut oil.

Bentonite clay is known as "healing clay" because it can be used to treat ailments such as arthritis, acne, eczema, stomach ulcers, viral infections, and many more.

From my research, I've discovered that the clay is made from volcanic ash, which is known for its detoxifying effects on just about anything it touches (but metal weakens the clay's elements. Do not use metal utensils when mixing). The clay has many uses. For instance, you can also use the clay as a facial mask or take it as a supplement (Be sure to check with your doctor first).

I used the clay as a facial mask and I looked years younger. I noticed it really tightened my skin. Any lines that were there before seemed to vanish. My face looked like a new-born baby's skin. So the clay gets a thumbs up from this natural chica. Before you go out and buy some, do your research first. There are different brands and some are mixed with other minerals. Hope this helps!

For more information about bentonite clay and other clays, I found a Web site that seems to be the most credible on the subject. See below. Gotta run. Have a fabulous hair day!

http://www.naturalnews.com/index.html

Tee



1 comment:

GUMBOHAIR.COM said...

Your hair is thick and luscious!