Friday, September 26, 2014

Squashing the Giants in Life


A keeper as far as quotes. . .
 “Ah, great it is to believe the dream as we stand in youth by the starry steam; but a greater thing is to fight life through and say at the end, the dream is true!”
-Edwin Markham quotes (American Poet He is best known for his poem of social protest, 1852-1940). 

One huge lesson I've learned this week, after going through some weird challenges and difficulties, is this—you cannot allow bad days or weeks or years . . .to swallow up your dreams. Bad days will come, but if you always allow those days to steer you away from your dreams and goals, you’ll never accomplish them. We have to keep the faith, and keep looking toward what we believe God wants us to do. We have to continue to believe we have a purpose, and that there is purpose in even the worst of circumstances. If you are stuck in a discouraging season in your life, I want to encourage you that most people (no matter how glamorous they seem) go through the exact same thing. However, the most successful of us, learn to be conquerors in the midst of life’s storms. We shake it all off. I know I'm preaching to the choir here, but it has to be said. 

For instance, I was working on some writing projects for myself, and this week after I had some crazy challenges, I almost allowed those things to stop me from finishing what I had started. However, by God's grace I continued. I'm doing those things I'm passionate about such as ministering to others and writing. I'm not going to allow these things to stop me from doing “good” to overcome all the evil in the world. I have been so determined this week to encourage people even though I didn’t feel encouraged myself.

My determination worked. Once I saw I’d made someone’s day, I got an amazing boost. I felt like a giant . . . or rather like I’d just killed a giant. In actuality, I did. I killed a challenge that was trying to steal my dreams and destiny. That's just my little food for thought . . . if you are having or have had a truly crappy week. Tonight, I urge you to keep your dreams alive despite obstacles and craziness. Use your gifts, skills, talents, kind heart, etc. to be a blessing to others. Squash the giants in your life, and look good doing it. :-)

Much love,
Tee 



No comments: