Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Journey to Wholeness

In my journey to wholeness after many abusive relationships, I started saying confessions from Scripture to transform my heart and mind concerning who I am as a single Christian woman. It was hard because I was always blaming someone else for my mistakes and failures, remaining a victim instead of taking the power that was available to me through God’s Word. Many people I talked to about my healing journey say my method “doesn’t work for them.” I always say, “Well whatever works for you, do it. But this is what works for me, so be it.” For me and my house, the Word works, so I try to confess something from Scripture over myself every single day. Here are some self love confessions I spoke over myself when I realized I was settling for one abusive relationship after another because I didn’t love myself.   

Self Love Confessions
Father, your workmanship is marvelous and how well I know it. You made all my delicate, inner parts and knit me together in my mother womb (Psalm 139, AMP).

You watched me as I was being formed in utter seclusion, as I was woven together in the dark of the womb. I was curiously wrought as if embroidered with various colors. Before I had lived a day, you saw all the days of my life! Thank you for making me so wonderfully complex! (Psalm 139, AMP)
           
Where can I go from your Spirit! If I go up to Heaven’s gates, you are there; if I make my bed in hell you would be there also. You know when I’m sitting or going. You know the words I will say before I say them! You know my thoughts even before I think them! (Psalm 139, AMP)

Lord, you sent your Son to die for me. Therefore, I know that you love me. I love you because you first loved me. Without you, and your love, I wouldn’t even know how to love myself! You teach me how to love; and Jesus is the ultimate expression of your love for me! I thank you that I am accepted by you because of Jesus. I am accepted in the Beloved! (John 3:16).

Psalm 8:3-5 says, “When I look at the night sky and see the work of your fingers—the moon and stars that you set in place—what are mere mortals that you should think about them, human beings that you should care for them. Yet you made them only a little lower than God and crowned them with glory and honor” (New Living Translation).  

Who am I that you are mindful of me! You made me a little lower than Elohim and gave me dominion over all the earth! You made me in your image!

Every single day you express your love for me. Your tender mercies toward me are new every morning (Lamentations 3:22, 23).

How precious and weighty are your thoughts about me. They are so very numerous they outnumber the sand! And the very hairs on my head are numbered by you! Because you love me so, you have given me the grace and the ability to love myself and others. Thank you for helping me to experience the depths of your love so that I can properly love myself and others (Psalm 139, AMP, Luke 12:7). 

No comments: